Created in partnership with Highways England (HE), the NTIS DATEX II Portable TTVMS Solution (previously known as the Datex Journey Time Solution) generates real-time journey time information for road users using data from the National Traffic Information Service (NTIS). Pioneered by MVIS, the system was the first such solution to enable real-time journey time information from the NTOC to be displayed on portable variable message signs (VMS).
Fully compliant with HE’s Major Project Instruction MPI-54-062016 the NTIS DATEX II Portable TTVMS displays journey time information, which is refreshed every five minutes, on any number of VMS-Cs along major project schemes over four kilometres in length to keep road users informed of the travel time to the end of the road works. Congestion or delays are identified within tens of metres of their vicinity ensuring the messages displayed are relevant to the area affected.
Alternative messages can be displayed if the maximum journey time is exceeded and email alerts may be sent to multiple recipients to keep them fully up-to-date, enabling them to override journey time messages if required using MVIS’ WebStudio™.
• Messages can be displayed in amber or white.
• Five minute refresh rate is the default setting compliant with Highways England’s Major Projects Instruction (MPI-54-062016).
• Manually set a threshold for each route for the minimum and maximum journey time of any route
• Display alternative messages if the maximum journey time is exceeded.
• Email alerts to multiple recipients if the maximum journey time is exceeded.
• Override journey time messages at any time to display other messages as required.
Overall Length: 4050mm
Travel position: width 1980mm, height 2680mm
Operating position: 2730mm (width), 4030mm (max height)
Tyre: 185 x 75 x 14
Coupling: 40mm towing eye / quick release, 50mm ball
Solar Panels: 2 x solar panels
Batteries: 3 x 12V deep cycle, 200Ah, or 6x12V deep cycle 100Ah
Solar Controller: 2 x 15A MPPT
Operation on batteries / solar: Indefinite under recommended conditions
Display Type: LED full matrix
Display Size: 2730mm x 1850mm
Display Viewing Area: 2420 x 1590mm
Communication: SMS, internet, web based, serial
Matrix: 48 x 28
Enclosure: Aluminium IP54 equivalent
Screen: Non-glare UV polycarbonate
Brightness Control: Automatic and manual
Display Lifting: Hydraulic lift system